Members and volunteers of Job’s Daughters,
This is the next update to the COVID 19 State of Emergency declaration for Job’s Daughters International. Across the JDI world the pandemic situation remains very fluid. We continue to monitor the situation and are working to balance the needs of the order with the health and safety of our Daughters and adult volunteers. We know threat levels are variable based on location and we are adjusting our recommendations accordingly. The health of our members and adult volunteers remains the highest priority.
- The Constitution and Bylaws of JDI remain suspended. This includes all subordinate law found in GGCs, JGCs, BGCs and Bethels. This suspension will remain in effect until AT LEAST the end of the 2020-2021 Supreme Guardian Council year currently slated to end August 8, 2021. This allows Bethels, JGCs, GGCs and the SGC to have needed flexibility with installations and annual sessions.
- All policies and business procedures of the Board as well as the JDI Youth Protection Program are separate from the Constitution and Bylaws and remain in full effect.
- Majority age extended to 21 beginning March 15, 2020 through December 31, 2021 if requested by the individual Daughter. This decision remains in effect to prevent a Daughter from missing out on potential opportunities during this emergency.
The latest escalation in virus variant cases has medical professionals concerned, with those concerns in mind we are adding five (5) specific recommendations in all JDI jurisdictions worldwide except Queensland. The following guidance and recommendations will take effect February 1, 2021 and remain in effect until March 31, 2021. We are hopeful that in these two months case counts stabilize, variant cases get controlled and vaccine distribution ramps up.
- In-person events may (but are not required to) resume so long as they are in accordance with guidelines issued by Federal/Provincial/Territorial/State/Local authorities and health agencies. Additionally, meeting venue rules and guidelines should be adhered to.
- Additionally, we have added five (5) specific recommendations beyond those mentioned above for in-person JDI meetings and activities:
- Mask wearing
- Social distancing of 6 ft (2 meters)
- Sleepover events are specifically NOT recommended
- Jurisdiction-wide or cross-jurisdiction events are specifically NOT recommended
- Activity/meeting visitors or multiple-Bethel events are specifically NOT recommended
The JDI Board of Trustees highly encourages most activities to continue to be virtual and in-person activities be rare. Should GGCs/JGCs/Bethels decide to hold some in-person activities, we are providing an updated set of guidelines in the refreshed JDI Forward document found on the JDI website http://www.jobsdaughtersinternational.org under the COVID resources tab. This
document provides guidance for activities/tasks that regularly occur in our order, considerations for in-person activities and Bethel meeting and Ritual modifications. Newly added to the JDI Forward document are parameters approved by the Supreme Jurisprudence Committee for GGCs and JGCs regarding a virtual amendment process.
We fully recognize that this is a difficult time for everyone. We are all deeply concerned about what JDI will look like this time next year, but safety must be our primary concern. By working together, we can keep JDI moving forward. As always, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and communicate any changes or updates as needed.
Should you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Shelly Cole, JDI Board of Trustees Chair
Valorie Koogle, JDI Supreme Guardian
Lynell McCracken, JDI Supreme Jurisprudence Chair